Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Report #4

Happy 4th week of school everybody! I'm going to go ahead and skip the intro because I'm pretty tired and am ready to dive right into writing my Friday Report:

BAKE SALE
The bake sale for Europe (I mean the multi-cultural club, shh, don't tell the administration) was beyond successful. I made a grand total of: $69.75!
Whoooo! I was the only one with chocolate chip cookies there, and they sold like, well, home made chocolate chip cookies.

Homecoming
It seems everywhere I look, left or right, there are guys with roses in their hands (I am not kidding, I have seen roses as a part of asking out to homecoming) asking girls to homecoming. I, however, do not have roses in a glass vase and a dress hanging in my closet. I have made myself a promise that I will NOT be the pathetic girl who shows up to homecoming without a date. Nope, it's a date or a gallon of mint chip ice cream for me. (I'll be buying the icecream tomorrow, then.)

Which leads me to some sour personal news:
Why Homecoming Will Be Spent At Home
You probably don't know that (or maybe you do), but I have liked 1 guy for almost 3 years. In teenage time, that's forever. He, of course, was my ideal homecoming date. But, the ideal, as I am quickly learning, is about the farthest thing from what I am going to get (me, myself, and I). He has asked some other girl to homecoming. :( I wish I could just wise up and move on already, but really, there is no one else. :( He makes me crazy.

Happy Birthday Big Bird
Yes, yes, another code name. I would like to wish my dear, darling friend Big Bird happy birthday and would also like to appologize for the fact that her birthday waffles were cold. Sorry Big Bird!



Anyway, that's all I really have to report. Sorry there's no better news. (Although, I am honestly willing to admit that I'm just writing to myself. If you want to make me feel better and get a shout out in my next post, please comment telling me that I'm not some crazy weirdo writing to myself weekly.)

Always,
Hope

3 comments:

  1. I read your blogs all the time. Although I already knew most of this, it still made me cry. Can I join you and your gallon of mint chip ice cream? Unless one of us gets asked, then we will say yes. Am I correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you are not a crazy weirdo, lol. I think a lot of us that blog do it for ourselves as a way of expressing how we feel. Your blog is a refreshing change for me!
    I guess you are back in school now and I hope you succeed and focus on the goals you want to set in your life. In the meantime though have some fun being a teenager.
    Hugs
    Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shania-- mint ice cream and Italian soda, baby! MMMMM, maybe even some random laughing (it's wat we do best) and hilarious photos. Way more fun than grinding on some random upperclassman at homecoming!

    Jill-- Thank you so much. After everything you've gone through, my worries seem trifle.
    Everyday, I try to remind myself of how lucky I am.
    Thank you so much for grounding me from my whining and I assure you that each day, I'm trying my hardest in school to achieve everything that I am capapble of.

    ReplyDelete