Oh my gosh, this week has flown by. I woke up (or more, my dad frantically woke me up telling me I had to be to school in 30 minutes and reminding me that the drive takes 20 minutes) this morning and when I glanced at my calendar (my day planner in the car on the way to school)and was shocked to see it was Friday.
It was a good week, and while everything I write about today is pretty negative, the week was really a good one.
Real, true Freshman Friday: A horror that's not so horrifying
Today was the official "Freshman Friday". And thankfully, I have no reports of any FF activity. So, all future freshmen attending Eggo Academy (I'm not going to put my real school name) DON'T WORRY. The teachers are serious when they say that hazing is not permitted, and you won't get condoms full of shaving cream or batteries thrown at you-- if you're smart, that is.
Dance tonight!
The first school dance was tonight! I didn't go though, so I can't exactly report on it. I actually wanted to go, but my dad decided that he didn't want to drive all 15 miles to the high school to drop me off. However, after seeing how "bummed" (her word,not mine) I was at not being able to go; my mom promised I could go to my next dance.
Which is... HOMECOMING! But I have made a promise to myself: I will not go to homecoming like the pathetic loser I am. I will only go if I have a date. I know that sounds stuck up, but as much as I love my friends, it's seriously time for me to take action on the crush I've had for 2 and a half years.
PE Embarrassment
I am what you might call delicate. Even moderate heat affects me quite negatively, which makes me glad I live in the mountains. And rigorous exercise (okay, running or jogging) almost always makes me dizzy. That said, it's only to be expected that heat and exercise is a dangerous combo.
Today the temperature reached 96 at around the time i had PE in the late morning. And we were running on the turf, where, on average, it is 20 degree hotter! So we were jogging at a rather slow pace for a pretty long distance in that heat, and right at the end: boom! My head started throbbing and the edges of the world started going black. I knew I was going to faint, and I needed to get to softer ground. So I turned around and faced my PE teacher and began a slow lumber towards her, hoping I wouldn't collapse immediately.
Unfortunately, hoping doesn't help, and as soon as I reached her,, I was able to mutter something like, "I don't feel well," or, "I feel faint," (I honestly don't remember what I said)before crumbling at her feet.
I must have been out for a minute or more, because when I was able to open my eyes, she was shading me with her clip board and calling frantically for the TA to get me some help.
I quickly assured her that I was fine, and to prove it, sat up. That's the only positive thing about fainting rather often, you know what pushes your limits and sends you back under and what will just prove that you're okay. After a minute or so of trying to recover, I walked back to the locker room with the rest of the class and dressed back down.
I escaped the not so dainty swoon with just a throbbing headache for the rest of the morning and most of the afternoon, a red face from my embarrassment (I mean, I fainted in front of the rest of the class!), and a deep exhaustion. So, tonight at only 11:30 PM, I'm going to bed.
In closing, it has been a wonderful second week and I am excited for next. There's just one thing I'm not excited for: my next chance to faint. Ugh, I hate my body sometimes, it's so weak!
Goodnight y'all. I hope you had as good a week as I did (minus the passing out).
Always,
Hope
No comments:
Post a Comment