Now, I don't mean to sound shallow, going on and on about clothes. However, clothes really are an expression of your personality. For example, if I were to wear all pink clothing that is obviously designer, I would likely be percieved as a snob. If I were to wear a minimal quantity of skin tight leather and a visible thong, I would be percieved as a slut. Using those two (highly) unlikely situations as my proof that fashion contributes to how people see you, I will continue on and tell you all my First Day of Freshman Year Outfit Options:
- Option #1: Coral colored, soft cotton, flowy tank top with turquoise detailing on the neckline paired with turquoise semi-short shorts (six inches longer than crotch) and gold gladiator sandals. Pros: This outfit really makes my skin seem to glow golden and highlights the natural blonde highlights in my light brown hair. Cons: The shoes could be a little more comfortable (I'm not very comfortable in flats) and the shorts seem really short when I'm sitting down. This outfit says: I'm fun and colorful, fearless and confident.
- Option #2: Comfy black and white striped tank top made of flowy cotton adorned with pale pink roses that appear to be painted on, paired with pale pink jeggings and tan peeptoes booties with wedges. Pros: This outfit is super comfy! Cons: It's still hot in August and I may be a little too warm in the jeggings. This outfit says: I'm classically beautiful with a modern twist./I have an attitude and killer style.
- Option #3: Sweet spaghetti strap, floral patterned, pale pink chiffon top with swingy motion, paired with pale pink leggings and strappy gold gladiator sandals. Pros: This look is really innocent without being matronly and would really set me apart from the T-shirts and short shorts most other people are bound to be wearing. Cons: See Option #2 cons. Pink, pink, and more pink! I'm pretty girly, but I'm not usually that bad. This outfit says: I'm sweet and innocent, but I know how to have a good time!
(Note: All clothing and shoes in Options are from Wet Seal.)
Which oufit do you like most? Comments on any of them? Please post these in the comments section. The outfit with the most positive comments will be the one I wear on the first day. Thanks for your help and input!
Always,
Hope
Update: The shorts shrunk the first time I washed them. They are now quite short, too short for school. And the pink jeans were the wrong size (I'm a 3, they were a 0), I passed them on to Fudge Eater. So, in outfit 1, I would replace the blue shorts with regular dark wash denim shorts (Diva, Old Navy). And in the other two, I would replace pink jeans with other light wash jeans.
outfit #1!!!!
ReplyDelete